For the policies pertaining to visits to Rockwood (safari / hunting trips or volunteering), please contact us, so we can answer your questions directly.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Use of Site:
The content of the Rockwood website and its individual pages is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
These terms and conditions apply to the Rockwood website only. Other websites linked to or from this site, as well as other services or companies referring to have their own terms and conditions, which might not necessarily coincide with those of Rockwood.
Reservation of Rights:
Rockwood reserves all of rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and any other proprietary right that Rockwood may have in this website, its content, and the goods and services that may be provided.
The use of the rights and property of Rockwood requires prior written consent from Rockwood. Rockwood is not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights by making services available to you.
This website and its related services are provided on an “as is” basis. Rockwood is the owner of this website and exclusively reserves all associated rights and may (at any time and without notice and any liability to its users) modify or discontinue this website and its services and / or delete the data provided – whether temporarily or permanently. Rockwood shall have no responsibility or liability for the timeliness, deletion, failure to store, inaccuracy or improper delivery of any data or information.
Third Party Services:
Goods and services of third parties may be advertised and / or be made available on or through this website. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties are governed by their own policies. Rockwood shall not be liable or responsible for any dealings or interaction with third parties.
This website may contain content that may be objectionable. Rockwood is not responsible for viewpoints differing from that of users. All information or data of any kind (including, but not limited to, text, images /photographs / graphics, videos, music / sound files and software / code), publicly or privately provided, shall be the sole responsibility of the person providing the content or the person whose user account is used.
Submission of Content:
By providing any content to this website:
- You agree to grant to Rockwood a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license (including any moral rights or other necessary rights) to use, display / publish, distribute, promote, reproduce / modify / adapt, translate or save / archive the content. This includes creating derivative works and compilations thereof – in whole or in part. Such license will apply with respect to any form, media and technology known or later developed;
- You warrant that you have all legal, moral and other rights that may be necessary to grant Rockwood with the right / license as above;
- You acknowledge and agree that Rockwood shall have the right (but not obligation), in the sole discretion of Rockwood to refuse to publish or to remove or block access to any content you provide at any time and for any reason – with or without notice.
- Copying, reproducing, republishing or distributing the website and associated content, including the layout, design elements, images and text (also applicable to deep-linking, embedding or the use of analogous technology).
- Providing any content or perform any conduct that may be illegal, harmful / abusive / threatening, harassing, defamatory, libellous, offensive or vulgar / explicit / pornographic – including content or actions designed to (or which do) interfere with or interrupt this website or any service provided; content infected with a virus or other destructive or deleterious programming routine; content giving rise to civil or criminal liability; or content / actions which may violate an applicable local, national or international law, including (but not limited to) laws relating to copyrights, trademarks, patents or trade secrets.
- Providing or using this website and any content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spamming, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorised advertising without prior written consent from Rockwood.
- Impersonating or misrepresenting your association with any person or entity, or forge or otherwise seek to conceal / misrepresent the origin of any content provided by you.
- The collecting or harvesting of any data about other users.
Rockwood has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with this website. Rockwood may investigate any complaints or reported violation of these terms and conditions and take any action that Rockwood deems appropriate. This may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to users’ access and / or removing any materials from the website.
You agree to indemnify and hold Rockwood (including its directors, employees, agents, affiliates, partners, independent contractors, advertisers and co-branders) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, that may be made by any third party, that is due to or arising out of conduct or connection with this website or service, your provision of content, your violation of these terms and conditions, or any other violation of the rights of another person or party.
Please also read the Rockwood’s Disclaimer.
These terms and conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute. However, Rockwood has the right, at the sole discretion of Rockwood, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
- In the event that these terms and conditions conflict with any law under which any provision may be held invalid by a court with jurisdiction over the parties, such provision will be interpreted to reflect the original intentions of the parties in accordance with applicable law, and the remainder of these terms and conditions will remain valid and intact.
- Failure of either party to assert any right under these terms and conditions shall not be considered a waiver of that party’s right and that right will remain in full force and effect.
- You agree that any claim or cause arising out of this website or its services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause arose, or the claim shall be forever barred.
Continued use of this website signifies your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
This website may collect certain information about your visit – such as the name of the internet service provider and the internet protocol (IP) address through which you access the internet, the date and time you access the site, the page(s) that you visit while on the site, and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to this site.
Rockwood is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. Rockwood does not (or will never) sell, share or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in the privacy statement below. This information is used only to administer this website, analyse trends and to generally help improve this site, and will never result in your receiving of spam e-mails.
Rockwood keeps log files on broad fields to track user movements, analyse trends and gather demographic data. This is not linked to a visitor’s personal identification in any way.
Cookies / Tracking Technology:
Rockwood does not harvest the information of third parties when visitors share a page of this website in social circles.
Changes To This Policy:
Rockwood may need to update this policy from time to time, in order to address new issues and reflect changes on this website. Please refer back to this policy regularly.
While Rockwood endeavours to keep the content up to date and the website running smoothly, Rockwood is not responsible or liable for the accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material displayed on this site, nor for access to the website or parts thereof.
All information, materials, products and services (whether displayed as text or graphics) included on this website are provided “as is”, with no warranties – except where expressly otherwise stated. Rockwood also disclaims any warranties for products or services advertised on this site by third parties.
Rockwood cannot assume any liability, obligation or responsibility for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including, without limitation, lost data, revenues or profit) which may result from the inability to use, the correct / incorrect use, downloading, abuse or misuse of the website and / or its content – even if Rockwood has been informed of the possibilities of such damages.
In order to provide increased value to site users, Rockwood may refer you to other resources – including providing links to external website or contact details of related companies / organisations / individuals.
However, this is for the convenience of visitors only and do not serve as endorsements or approvals by Rockwood of any information, products or services on such sites, unless otherwise stated. These websites may also contain opinions and viewpoints of third parties that do not necessarily coincide with those of Rockwood. Rockwood is also not responsible for the availability of these websites (including their individual pages or information linked to) or other resources referred to. Nor is Rockwood liable (directly or indirectly) for the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) or any damage, loss or offence caused in connection with any advertising, products, services or other materials offered by these external websites or resources.
This website (HTML, database, and content) is copyright of Rockwood (2019). All logos, images, graphic designs and text used on this website, whether of Rockwood or another company, are the property of their respective owners. Any distribution, reproduction or manipulation of the content, or parts thereof, for commercial use is strictly prohibited. Downloading, storage or distribution of the content exclusively for personal use is allowed, if clearly acknowledging the website as the source of the material, or otherwise with written permission from Rockwood.